Clinical practice guidelines for bowel cancer:
- National Health and Medical Research Council, Guidelines for the prevention, early detection and management of colorectal cancer
- National Health and Medical Research Council, Clinical practice guidelines for surveillance colonoscopy
- National Comprehensive Cancer Network (US), Clinical practice guidelines in oncology: rectal cancer
- National Comprehensive Cancer Network (US), Clinical practice guidelines in oncology: colon cancer
- National Institute for Health and Care Excellence (UK), Colorectal cancer: the diagnosis and management of colorectal cancer
- European Society for Medical Oncology, Clinical practice guidelines: gastrointestinal cancers
Optimal cancer care pathways for bowel cancer:
These clinical guides for health professionals set out key principles for optimal care at each step of the patient journey from prevention through to survivorship / end of life care.
The guides have been endorsed by the National Cancer Expert Reference Group, Cancer Australia and Cancer Council Australia.
Patients and their family and carers can use the consumer versions to better understand an often complex health system, and to know what questions to ask of their health professionals to ensure they receive the best care at every step.
Help your patients and their family and carers understand the process they are going through by printing and sharing these guides as appropriate.